This post may contain affiliate links which means we may get a commission if you make a purchase through these links at no additional cost to you.
Every man in his lifetime would have repeatedly heard about one thing from everyone around him. It is nothing but people telling him that facial hair would make men look more masculine and sophisticated.
All these apart, you need to know that having that perfect goatee or the minimal stubble is going to need extra care and patience. Growing out a full beard can be easy, but the process of maintaining it can be a little tedious.
This is the reason why men prefer to trim their beards once they grow out of their limit. Needless to say, even the short stubble or the goatee works out fine.
The next step in grooming is to start out from the neck region. Define a border up to your chin, for if your trim too much into the chin, your face would appear to have a double chin. For the face, start out with the sideburns and then move to the chin.
Make sure to comb the beard as and when you trim it so that you do not leave behind any stray hairs while trimming and also to get the perfect level for each facial hair.
Top 5 Best Rated Beard Trimmers
For people who are looking to get hold of the beard trimmers, Here is a review of best beard trimmers 2020 that you can find on the market.
1. Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3100 Beard Trimmer
Considered to be one of the best in the market, the Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3100 comes with five different tools in one device.
The styling tools are available as five separate attachments and include a detail trimmer, nose hair trimmer, beard and mustache trimmer, full trimmer and a stubble comb.
Easy to clean, this beard trimmer has 18 length settings that you can adjust based on your requirements. Fit with a rechargeable battery; you can use the trimmer for straight 35 minutes after charging it for 10 hours.
The trimmer is compatible with rounded blade tips, and this significantly reduces skin irritation along with preventing cuts in the skin while you trim. The blades are made of chromium steel, and these self-sharpening blades provide you with long-lasting performance.
As the blades and the comb can be cleaned easily using the tap water after use, you will be able to use it for a long time. The Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3100 is available with a 45-day risk-free trial and a warranty period of 2 years.
2. Remington PG6025 All in-1 Lithium Powered Grooming Kit
- 14 Settings for All Your Grooming Needs Full Size Trimmer; Nose, Ear, & Detail Trimmer; Detail Shaver; 8 Length Hair Clipper Comb; 3 Snap On Beard and Stubble Combs
- Self Sharpening, Surgical Steel Blades for Long Lasting Precision and Durability
- Cordless Lithium Power Up To 70 Minutes of Runtime
- Washable Attachments Just rinse under the faucet to
- Storage Pouch Included Great for travel ; 60 Hz
One of the latest addition to the grooming products from Remington, the Remington PG6025 All in-1 Lithium Powered Grooming Kit comes with eight different trimming attachments in one single device.
Considered to be fit for travel, you can carry this beard trimmer in a pouch that is available at the time of purchase. The different attachments that you can fit on the trimmer include a foil shaver, full-size trimmer, nose trimmer, detail and ear trimmer and a hair clipper comb.
Along with these 5, there are three stubble and beard combs available.
The major five attachments have eight different adjustable length settings. As for the cordless runtime, the trimmer provides you with 65 minutes of action after charging the device.
The blades are made of self-sharpening surgical steel, and the textured body of the trimmer provides you a firm grip while in action. This beard trimmer comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
3. Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit
- Fits in the palm of your hand so you can easily reach the back of your head, neckline and around your ears Precision ground, stainless steel blades easily cut through even the thickest hair, reducing pulling and snagging
- 9 Length Combs Cuts 1/16 5/8 inches(1 5 to 15 millimeter) to achieve the exact look you desire
- Lithium, Rechargeable Battery 40 minutes of cordless runtime The Shortcut Pro Hair Clipper can also be used corded for maximum versatility and convenience
- 13 Piece Kit Includes Hand held clipper, 9 Length adjusting combs, cleaning brush, storage/travel pouch, oil (charging adaptor also included)
- Extra wide Curved Blade The blade contours to your head with maximum coverage to provide a close, even cut Shortcut Pro Hair Clipper is 100 percent Washable Conveniently rinses clean under the faucet; Non slip grip
The Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit, Hair Clippers, Hair Trimmers, Clippers, (13 pieces) is the latest addition to the Remington series of grooming products for men. It comes with a 13 piece grooming kit; this trimmer is the best buy in the market.
The beard trimmer comes with 13 pieces of trimming essentials and includes a handheld clipper, a cleaning brush, nine-length adjusting combs, trimming oil and a pouch for travel and storage.
As the razorblade is extra-wide curved, you will be able to cover the maximum area of facial hair along with getting an even and close cut.
As the trimmer fits right into your palm, you will be able to use it to reach the back of your head.
The precision stainless steel blades help you to trim even the thickest hairs without any snagging or pulling. You can use this trimmer for 40 minutes after charging the battery for 4 hours.
4. Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100 beard trimmer
- Shaver needs to charge for 24 hours before its first use
- 3 Dimension pivoting head allows the shaving head to closely follow your body's contours for the ultimate in skin comfort on your body
- High performance trimmer has rounded blades and combs to prevent scratching the skin. Select from from 5 length settings (up to 11/25 inch) to get the look you want
- Designed exclusively for men who want the ultimate body comfort below the neck: shaves and trims chest and abs, underarms, legs, groin area and back and shoulders
- Water resistant casing and materials. Use wet (in the shower) or dry. Charging: 1 hour full charge
The Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100 is the perfect addition to the range of beard trimmers that provides you with an all-in-one action in the single device.
The trimmer would suit the person well who is looking to buy a device that provides a complete body trimming, right from the head to the bottom.
The trimmer comes with a 3D pivoting head that moves along the contour of your body. You get to choose from 5 different length settings, and the rounded blade tips prevent the scratching of the skin.
The dual-sided design of the trimmer allows you to use the device with ease. The trimming comb helps you to trim the thickest hair and does not cause any irritation to the skin.
Before you start using this product, you need to charge the trimmer for 24 hours. After that, you will be able to use the trimmer for 50 minutes after charging it for 1 hour. This beard trimmer comes with a 2-year warranty period.
5. Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 7200
- The integrated vacuum system catches up to 90 percent of cut hair for less mess; The high velocity motor and fan system creates powerful suction to lift and capture hairs
- With innovative lift & trim technology, the trimmer effectively lifts and guides hairs for a more efficient cut
- The self sharpening steel blades are designed to effectively cut each hair perfectly, preventing skin irritation, and are double sharpened to cut more hairs in every pass for faster trimming
- The trimmer offers 20 built in length settings, so you can select your preferred trim length by simply turning the zoom wheel until the length you want is displayed from 0.5 millimeter to 10 millimeter
- Advanced lithium ion battery delivers maximum power for high performance cutting; Charge your beard trimmer for 1 hour to get 80 minutes of cordless use; It can also be used while charging
The Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 7200, Vacuum Trimmer with 20 built-in length settings, BT7215/49 comes with the lift and trim technology that guides the hair to lift while you trim.
By charging the device for 1 hour, you will be able to use the trimmer for 80 minutes. The self-sharpening steel blades provide faster trimming minor skin irritation.
The vacuum system integrated into the trimmer provides you the right level of suction required to trim the hair. The device comes with a 5-year warranty.
What makes the beard trimmers best?
Before you get lost in the beard trimmer labyrinth, here are a few factors that will help you narrow down on your choice sooner than you’d expect.
Beard trimmers can be corded or cordless. In other words, they have a plug-in point or are equipped with a rechargeable battery.
While most people think about the distinct advantages, like portability and trimming without the hassles of a cord, it also means that you have to ensure that the cordless one stays charged when you need it the most.
Some cordless trimmers have a charge time of 10-12 hours. Better not be caught one that sputters and dies as you turn it on.
Blade trimmers are travel essentials. So look for something that can slip into a corner of your travel bag or grooming kit. The last thing you need is an oversized contraption that juts out of the bag like a sore thumb.
The term ‘blade support’ is a misnomer. Because you don’t need to get, the beards sharpened even though that’s what it sounds like. Blade maintenance is a sophisticated way of saying edge cleaning.
Trimmer blades are designed to last for life. A desirable feature though would be to look for a blade that is waterproof and can be rinsed under a tap for an easy cleaning session.
Oh you’ve got to see some of the techs that latest beard trimmers boast of. The Philips 9000 for example, projects a red laser light on to your skin, mostly showing you, where to cut the hair according to the beard style you choose.
While that may seem straight out of Star Trek, there are tons of other features in beard trimmers. The ones that matter is trimmer speed, trim lengths, accessories for trimming body hair, interchangeable bead heads and vacuum.
Everybody has their favourite tech brands. You can’t drag my dead body away from an Apple product.
Similarly, if you are brand loyal, then this is one factor that you ‘may’ consider. Personally, I would rate all the other factors above it, because most of the brands in the men’s grooming products industry are quite reliable.
Last but not the least, what are you comfortable spending for trimming some facial hair? That may sound like a crude way to describe it.
But that’s what it all narrows down to. Some people would say that I don’t mind spending $150 on a trimmer. Others would cringe at the thought of spending more than $50.
Different Types Of Razors Used
There are five different types of razors used by men for shaving and trimming the beard. These assist you in can be attached and removed when needed, and the shaving head and the handle are the main parts of every trimmer.
The razor types include:
- Electric razors. Electric razors are convenient for use, and you can also use it while traveling. You do not need shaving cream while you trim the beard and are quick in action.
- Disposable razors. Disposable razors are used for once or twice and thrown away. The blades can be replaced on the shaving head and do not take up much space when you carry them while traveling. They are inexpensive and the perfect tool for emergencies.
- Safety razors. Safety razors have been in the market for a long time now. These have a permanent handle with a sturdy metal head that holds the replaceable blade in position.
- Straight razors. As the name indicates, straight razors have an edge that is folded into the handle. These razors are available in the market, and you can get them engraved.
- Cartridge razors. Trimmers that use of cartridge razors have a flexible shaving head that moves along with the shape of the neck and the face. These blades can be replaced after using them for 3-4 times and can trim beards within a short period.
Getting The Right Beard Trimmers
Now that you got some idea on how to groom your beard, it is time to look at the several options that you have in the market for the beard trimmers. Each trimmer has its settings and adjustments, and it is up to you to choose the one that best serves the purpose. Look at all the available options before you decide upon one. Some of the things to look out for include,
- The beard trimmer must have various adjustable length settings and also vacuum to help you clean the stray hairs after trimming.
- Choose beard trimmers that are waterproof and those that can be used in showers, as this will help you in saving time when in a hurry.
- If you are looking for accurate cuts for your facial hair, choose the trimmers that can give you precise cuts.
- Look at the price of the trimmers. Choose the one that offers all the required features rather than just going by the brand.
Beard trimmers can help you to get the look that you have always wanted once you grow your beard. Choose the trimmers wisely, for you do not want to end up with a style of beard that is not good to look at.
Last update on 2020-08-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API